One or two Mistakes To Avoid When Designing The Website
Be aware of these kinds of common issues when designing your blog:
– Your home page does not quickly tell you what the Site is all about. You will be able to visit the home page of any Internet site and figure out what the web page is about, what kind of products it sells, hcssac.comor perhaps what it is advertising within five seconds.
– The poor use of pop-up windows, splashy advertising, splash pages (pages with neat animation and sound but that you’ve to watch for five to ten seconds before you are taken to the real Internet site), and also other Web design features that get interest faraway from your Website, products, and/ or offerings.
– Poor Web site direction-finding. This includes destroyed hyperlinks, hidden navigation, poor wording of navigational backlinks, links that take one to pages without having links, backlinks that have you to similar Web page, and pages without having links returning to the home page (always add a link back towards the home page so that regardless of where website visitors are, they will find all their way back home! ).
– Believing that because you could have a Web site, you could have a marketing marketing campaign or overall marketing and advertising technique. You need to understand that your Web page is certainly not your marketing strategy. Your Web-site is just a component to your overall marketing strategy, depending on your business goals; for instance , if you have a prosperous restaurant nevertheless want to market and promote your business online. Creating a Web page is great, but since it is not advertised and promoted, no one is ever going to find it. By passing out business cards with your Internet site URL embossed on them, you are using a traditional marketing campaign to develop your Web site. If you give you a downloadable/ good coupon from the Web site, you are efficiently using your Web site as part of your online strategy to meet while you make money of elevated restaurant product sales.
– Failing to attain Site relevance and content modernizing. There is nothing at all more dissatisfying to a Net customer than visiting a website that is largely out of date. Wrong pricing, items no longer offered, dated articles, and historical advertising pretty much all signify towards the Web site visitor that the devotion to your Web site is suffering significantly. Cramming the pages with nonrelevant material will deter the visitor via getting the level of your Site (the five-second rule described earlier).
– Avoid excessive text effects. Forget pulsating text, curing text, gymnastics text, or other eye-popping and wild effects, which in turn do nothing much more than annoy your web site visitor. Avoid create a “loud” Web site which contain so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and content spinning icons, text, or design that tourists are confused by the effects and under-whelmed by the websites content.
– Limit the number of design on your Site so that you can not overwhelm your internet site visitors with “graphics overload. ” Avoid using animated GIF images in your Web site. They were cool a decade ago, playing with today’s professional environment, they are just another “loud, ” annoying distraction that site visitors can not want to see.
— Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating a website with Frontpage from microsoft. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, all of us stand by simple fact that it can be used to design great Web sites.
— Don’t combine frames into Web site style. The use of glasses within a Web site will drive customers aside faster than anything!
— DO integrate the proper Website design factors to ensure that your Web site is ready to be found by search engines.